Other Meeting Activities
Concurrent Roundtable Discussions
The agenda planning committee has identified approximately 15 concurrent roundtable discussions on topics of interest to members of the DoD T2 community. Each session will be facilitated by one or more T2 or legal professionals with expertise in the topic being discussed. Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in two concurrent 45-minute discussions in a small roundtable format on Tuesday, 11 July from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Review the list before you register and be prepared to select your two choices when registering as you may not have the opportunity to change tables at the workshop.
On Wednesday evening, DoD T2 Training Workshop attendees have the opportunity to dine with and get to know people in the DoD T2 community. All the restaurant choices are within walking distance of the hotel (20 minutes or less).
Pick a restaurant now by contacting Sharon Thomas or sign up at the registration desk after you arrive. Reservations will be limited to 12 people per restaurant. Meet your fellow dining companions in the hotel lobby. Maps will be provided.
- III Forks (https://www.3forks.com/about-us/): Steaks ($$$$) ($43 - $70). III Forks Steakhouse embodies the Best of the American Steakhouse. The finest USDA Prime steak, mouthwatering buttery lobster, and ocean-fresh seafood are prepared to perfection, exact to order. We hand-select the finest USDA Prime and only deem the top .005% of beef acceptable. Our selection offers abundant marbling, juiciness, tenderness, and superior flavor. Experience the warm and intimate surroundings of a preferred fine dining restaurant. Distance from hotel: 0.4 miles; 8 minutes walking
- Cooper’s Old Time Pit Barbeque (http://www.coopersbbqaustin.com/): Barbeque ($$) ($13 - $30). Cafeteria style barbeque. Wait in line to order your meats and then move down to order your sides. Head to the condiment bar for free beans, Texas toast, pickles, onions, and jalapeños. Chill, friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Distance from hotel: 0.7 miles; 14 minutes walking
- Eberly (http://eberlyaustin.com/eberly-and-the-cedar-tavern): American/Pub ($$$) ($30 - $63). Forged from an old print shop, Eberly is a thoughtful collection of dining, drinking, and thinking spaces. Within Eberly, you’ll discover a beautiful dining room offering contemporary American cuisine, a welcoming study, a rooftop terrace overlooking downtown, and our crown jewel, the historic Cedar Tavern bar of Greenwich Village in New York City. Built in 1866 out of pure mahogany from South America, the Cedar Tavern held court for more than 140 years in three different locations in New York City. A living piece of history, it was the watering hole of choice for many notable artists, abstract expressionists, beat writers, and folk musicians. Must order - The Pot of Goodness lives up to its name, with lobster tails, Gulf Coast redfish and shrimp, littleneck clams, and wood-roasted vegetables served in a cast iron and simmering in a rich lobster broth. Distance from hotel: 0.5 miles; 9 minutes walking
- Manuel’s (http://www.manuels.com/): Mexican ($$) ($15 - $30). Manuel’s food is prepared with love and care, using high quality, local, and seasonal ingredients. The beef, chicken, and pork we serve are all natural and our seafood is wild-caught from certified sustainable waters. Our fresh fish is hand-cut daily, never frozen. Salad dressings and fried foods are made with canola and virgin olive oils, and we feature many gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options. Distance from hotel: 0.7 miles; 14 minutes walking
- Perlas (http://www.perlasaustin.com/general-info/): High-end Seafood ($$$$) ($18 - $54). Austin’s go-to spot for unfussy presentations of super fresh seafood, laid-back people watching, and a Gulf Coast vibe, with an inviting and spacious umbrella- and oak-shaded patio right on bustling South Congress Avenue. Hardcore seafood lovers find it hard to choose between oysters on the half shell flown in from all over, Texas bouillabaisse, the soft-shell-crab BLT, and oak-grilled ahi tuna. Distance from hotel: 0.9 miles; 19 minutes walking
- Red Ash Italia (http://www.redashgrill.com/): Italian ($$$) ($14 - $38). Fresh handmade pastas, pristine seafood, locally sourced prime meats roasted on the wood-burning grill, and an abundance of seasonal fresh vegetables. Elegant Italian desserts are prepared fresh daily in the Red Ash pastry kitchen. Distance from hotel: 0.6 miles; 13 minutes walking
- Second Bar + Kitchen (https://www.secondbarkitchen.com/second): American ($$) ($13 - $24). Located in the Second Street District, this New American restaurant combines seasonal ingredients with local artisan products to create a true farm-to-table experience. Second Bar + Kitchen offers small plates for sharing, locally-recognized salads, delicious pizzas, entrees, and desserts to enjoy. Distance from hotel: 0.6 miles; 12 minutes walking
- Taverna (http://tavernabylombardi.com/dinner/): Italian ($$) ($14 - $28). More than just your neighborhood restaurant, Taverna is a lively, yet intimate ambiance; perfect for sharing a meal with friends and family. Our menu offers thin crust pizzas, creamy risottos, perfectly prepared pastas, and other authentic Northern Italian dishes. Distance from hotel: 0.6 miles; 13 minutes walking
- Terry Black’s Barbeque (http://www.terryblacksbbq.com/): Barbeque ($$) ($10 - $33). Terry Black passed down generations of barbecue knowledge learned from his experience in the Lockhart BBQ scene. His twin sons, Michael and Mark Black, bring their very own style of central Texas BBQ from Lockhart to Terry Black's Barbecue in Austin and now to you and your family to enjoy! Cafeteria style, order the meat by the pound, and pick up your sides. Distance from hotel: 0.6 miles; 12 minutes walking
- Zax Restaurant & Bar (http://www.zaxaustin.com/): American/Mediterranean ($$) ($11 - $28). ZAX Restaurant and Bar offers a casually elegant drinking and dining experience. Our menu features an upscale offering of classic American Bistro fare with Mediterranean influences. A long, beautifully crafted copper bar boasts twenty regional craft beers, a stylish wine list and a full bar offering classic and specialty cocktails. Distance from hotel: 0.2 miles; 4 minute walking